Learn How Silver Can Help Your Portfolio
If you are looking to buy silver, then you want to make sure you make the right type of investment. After all, there are a number of ways that you can buy silver. You want to make sure that you find the best way to buy silver to suit your needs. The best aspect of looking for silver to acquire is that Allegiance Gold can help you every step of the way. Our executives at Allegiance Gold will make sure you understand why it is important to have silver and how it can help your financial portfolio. First, we will take a look at the various ways that you can purchase silver. Then, we’ll reveal what may be the best way to buy silver for your portfolio.
The Different Ways You Can Buy Silver
There are a surprising amount of ways that you can purchase silver. Here’s a look at the five most common silver buying options:
- Physical silver – You can buy silver coins or silver bullion and store them privately or have them stored by a third party. You can purchase physical silver from a dealer or from a private party.
- Silver ETFs – Silver exchange-traded funds or ETFs allow you to buy and sell silver much like a stock.
- Silver mining stocks – You can also own silver through silver mining stocks. There are conventional silver mining stocks that consist of companies that are already mining silver out of the ground. Additionally, there are junior mining stocks that are exploring for silver on land that they own or lease.
- Silver futures contracts – You can also purchase silver futures contracts which will give you the right to purchase at least 100 troy ounces of silver. Silver futures contracts are mainly used by major investors.
- Junk silver – You can purchase circulated coins that have silver content in them. Before the 1960s, U.S. minted dimes, quarters, half-dollars, and silver dollars had silver content which makes them an affordable way to own silver.
The Best Way to Buy Silver
Now that you know the five main ways that you can buy silver, it’s time to take a look at the best way to buy silver. In most cases, the best way to buy silver is to either purchase silver coins or purchase silver ETFs. Here’s a look at both of these top silver purchasing options.
1). Purchasing Silver Coins
There are a number of reasons why purchasing silver coins is a great choice for most investors. First, purchasing silver coins allows you to own your silver privately. That means that there is no third-party standing between you and your investment. In the case of economic uncertainty, you can be sure that you have some sort of wealth that is directly in your hands.
Additionally, silver coins are a rather affordable way to own silver. You can purchase silver coins as little as 10% over the spot price. From there, you can store the silver coins yourself without having to pay a storage management fee.
Pro of purchasing silver coins
You have direct access to your investment.
Con of purchasing silver coins
You are responsible for the storage of your silver coins. But, we can refer you to some safe storage deposits.
2). Purchasing Silver ETFs
The second best way to purchase silver is to purchase silver ETFs. A silver ETF tracks the spot price or the rolling futures contract price of silver. The main appeal of silver ETFs is that you can make your purchase at the push of the button and instantly hold your position. Also, silver ETFs are easy to liquidate. You may opt to purchase a silver ETF if you don’t want to deal with the hassle of purchasing and storing silver coins.
There are a number of silver ETFs available. Here’s a look at the top three silver ETF options:
- iShares Silver Trust (SLV) – Tracks the silver futures contract price
- Invesco BD Silver Fund (DBS) – Tracks the silver futures contract price
- Aberdeen Standard Physical Silver Shares ETF (SIVR) – Tracks the physical price of silver
Pro of purchasing silver ETFs
Fast and easy way to open a position in silver.
Con of purchasing silver ETFs
You do not have direct access to silver.
Adding Silver to Your Portfolio
Be sure to carefully research the pros and the cons of each way that you can own silver. Ultimately, you should choose the purchasing method that best suits your needs. Before you do anything further make sure to contact Allegiance Gold. The executive team at Allegiance Gold has been educating on the importance of diversifying a financial portfolio with gold and silver. Also, make sure to ask for your exclusive and FREE Gold IRA Guide. Our guide will educate you more on how valuable gold and silver are for your retirement and investment dreams. Call 844-790-9191 or fill out the form below to receive your guide today!